Do you love spending time snuggling with dogs and or cats but just can't adopt right now? If so, our fur-babies love to receive special attention, socialization, snuggles leash training, and more.
Pet socialization: they need lots of love!
– Cleaning and shelter maintenance (cat cages and dog runs)
– Housekeeping, such as laundry, mopping, or washing dishes
– Transporting pets to veterinary visits
– Transporting pets to the airport or other rescue organizations
– Administrative/office help
– Contributing to our newsletter
– Gathering donations and sponsors
– Any special skills you have that you can bring to our organization (sewing, grooming, medical care, etc.)
Please come by and volunteer today! We will gladly accept your volunteer services whenever you are available.
1. Please wear appropriate clothing, no short shorts, no open-toed shoes, tank tops, or large earrings or chunky jewelry. It is best to wear pants and tennis shoes or boots if you are working with dogs in the kennels. Please don't' wear your nicest clothes, wear items you would not mind getting a little dirty!
2. We have a water fountain and refrigerator, but we do not have a snack or drink machine. Our suggestion would be to bring a refillable water bottle, and snacks of your own.
3. A parent or guardian must be present to sign volunteer paperwork for any child under the age of 18. Children under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian on the property at all times. Parents or guardians can volunteer or sit in our lobby or be in their car.
School Related-Community Service
Yes, we offer Community Service hours for school programs, please fill out a volunteer application and sign in with the front desk each time. Please let us know when you sign in, that you are with a school and we will provide a timesheet for you.
Become a Member
The Etowah Valley Humane Society invites you to become a member. Our funding comes predominantly from donations from individuals like you, so our success can only be achieved with your generous contributions.
By becoming a member, you become an integral part of caring for our pets while they wait for their forever homes. With your membership, you will receive a framed certificate of membership, a 10% discount on all EVHS merchandise (including our Pathway for Paws Celebration of Life bricks), and our monthly e-newsletter with shelter news, upcoming events, and adoption updates. Most importantly, you will enjoy the warm feeling of knowing you have made a difference!
Please sign up today; we can’t do it without you!
Court Ordered Community Service
Please CLICK HERE for court-ordered
community service guidelines.